The Principals Center congratulates our exemplary Georgia School leaders for 2013:
Representing Georgia at the NASSP:
Dr. Robbie Hooker, Principal, Clarke Central High School and
Dr. Brian “Hal” Ridley, Principal, Haralson County Middle School
Representing Georgia at the NAESP:
Dr. Jesse Davis, Principal, Feagin Mill Middle in Houston County
Dr. Amy Duke, Principal, Springdale Elementary in Bibb County
Congratulations and thank you for representing us well.
From the GaPSC regarding the Certification Renewal process developments.
· In summer 2013, A taskforce will be convened with the charge of developing new certification renewal requirements. These new requirements which will correspond with the ‘to be proposed’ new tiered certification.
· The current temporary suspension of the need for PLU’s or the equivalent for certification renewal is set to expire in 2016.
· Those individuals with certificates expiring 2016 or 2017 (June 30th of either year) will be grandfathered in under the ‘old rules’. Those educators will need to document 10 PLUs or the equivalent as a requirement for certificate renewal.
29 YEARS IN SERVICE TO PRINCIPALSOur Mission...
AND OTHER SCHOOL LEADERS!
To provide practicing and aspiring school leaders with learning and networking opportunities designed to develop their capacity to create schools that work for all children.
Guiding Beliefs...For more information about the Principals Center click on "About Us" now.
The Center’s activities are guided by the belief that all activities should be:
• Developed and led by practitioners
• Provide opportunities for school leaders to support each other
For current programs click on "Event Registration" now.